Your browser does not support JavaScript!

background image background image background image
logo Syros


Old village and current tourist settlement with hotels, cafés, and restaurants. On the hill of Agia Pakou between Galissas and the beach of Armeos, there was a settlement of the Archaic and Classical era and traces of a temple dedicated to the ‘Epecoos’ (heeding) goddess are preserved.    
map add mapadd


Beautiful seaside settlement with a fishing port, coffee bars, and restaurants. The route from Ermoupoli to Kini is beautiful and passes by Alithini where you will enjoy the spectacular panoramic view.    
map add mapadd


It has mansions and farmhouses. On a small hill in the centre of the settlement you will see the Hermitage of the Jesuits’ monastery and the monastery of Agios Ioannis Prodromos.  
map add mapadd


Piney area with mansions of the 19th century. The one of D. Vafiadakis stands out in a property that was a park with gazebos, a dovecote, pebble mosaics, etc. In 1895 it was the first mansion on the island which acquired telephone connection to Ermoupoli! Parakopi was also an important resort of the Ermoupolitan affluent society of the 19th century.  
map add mapadd

Piskopio (or Episkopio)

Five kilometers away from the town, built in the green, Piskopio is the closest countryside to the town and the first which acquired holiday houses. It took its name after the (now ruined) country house of the Catholic bishop. It stretches on the slopes of a hill and at the top there is Profitis Ilias (1845) with an iconostasis of 1907-8. In the settlement there are several old mansions.    
map add mapadd

Posidonia or Della Grazia

In the mid 19th century it was the busiest resort of the Syrians. Its old mansions with the large gardens are grandiose and resemble those of Kifissia. The ones that stand out are of the families Psiaki, Valmas with its red tower, Tsiropina that operates as a cultural multi-purpose venue, Ladopoulos, Foustanos, the tower house of Georgiadis, Aragis, etc. The color of the facades gives a joyful appearance in Della Grazia -in fact, the church of Agios Ioannis Prodromos as well, which was built in 1876 and has an outer bell tower, is painted in light blue. It is believed that there was a settlement called Posidonia in the antiquity. Tombs, tomb offerings, and marble slabs were found in the wider area of Chalepa, the hill where the Catholic church of Agios Petros rises which is said to have been built in 1871 on the ruins of a temple dedicated to Poseidon. In the early 19th century Posidonia was renamed into Della Grazia, after the church of Panagia tis Haritos (Madonna della Grazia) in the north of the settlement. The country church that existed in 1631 was Catholic. After 1823, when the pirate raids ceased, Della Grazia started being inhabited permanently.  
map add mapadd


Tourist resort that attracts many visitors in the summer. Traces from settlements of the Classical and the Roman era have been found in the area.  
map add mapadd


Another countryside area of Ermoupoli’s residents with mansions under the shadow of the pine trees. The ones that stand out are those of mayor Papadakis of 1862, Vafiadakis in Neoclassical style, Koutsodontis, and Proios.  
map add mapadd
March  2020
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31
<< >>
My Aegean
Co-financed by Greece and the European Union - European Regional Development Fund