Rhodes brings to mind sunshine-filled days, blue seas, medieval castles and ancient wonders. Beyond the idyllic beach scene, Rhodes hosts a major Marathon event, aiming at challenging the athletes’ stamina, while generously offering their guests a warm welcome.
Rhodes has evolved in recent years with the support of the Region of South Aegean as a destination that hosts major sporting events. Let us add here the June 2017 first edition of the European Championship Beach Taekwondo (Poomsae)! The exact date of the event will be known in the coming months by the European Federation of Taekwondo (ETU).
Rhodes fascinates with its impressive monuments, reflecting its deep cultural heritage. But it is not only the monuments that bear witness to the cultural background. Those who like painting will find in Rhodes one of the most representative works of the 20th century. Rhodes Gallery now houses one of the most authoritative and collections of Greek painting. Most of the Greek artists such as Moralis, Tsarouhis, Pheasant, Theophilus, Parthenis, Maleas, Kontoglou Lytras Gounaropoulos etc. represented in this collection features works. In fact many
There is no way to attend a Rhodian wedding or baptism and not get a taste of melekounia. According to tradition, the candy made from sesame and honey, is interwoven with social events. This is perhaps the best known product of Rhodes, which every visitor takes back home.
- Press Release - 1st WTF World Taekwondo Beach Championships Rhodes 2017
- Experience the "Roads To Rhodes Marathon"!
- The 1st WTF World Taekwondo Beach Championships will be held at Rhodes
- One of the most important art collections is located in Rhodes, waiting to be discovered
- The Rhodian Melekounia: A treat worshiped by natives and foreign visitors alike
- Medical tourism in Rhodes
- Rhodes: A popular stage for film productions
- The best young chef of Europe is from the Dodecanese!
- The “island home” of the Region of South Aegean Islands stood out at WTM 2016
- The most beautiful villages in Dodecanese
- Cafe Pasaggio Cafe Pasaggio, - 19:00
- Juvenile Theatrical Performance : Don Quixote , - 21:00
- The theatrical group of the Arhangelos High School presents Aristofanis’ “Ekklisiazouses” in Carmen Rougeris’ adaption. , - 20:30
- Traditional fest for the Day of Saint Konstantinos and Saint Helen at Soroni. , - 1830
- The team photograph exhibition “When the time stopped- Zisimatou factory” , - 10:00-14:00
- “Vivliopontikas” presents the George Pittas’ books “Festivals in Aegean” and “The coffeehouses of Greece” on Thursday 15 May 2014 at 20:00 , - 20:00
- Film of the Finnish director Aki Kaurismaki, the “Bohemian Life” , - 20:00
- Presentation of the film “Freedom for Birth” ,