The building is part of the renowned tower of Gavras, at Chora’s Platisteno. Along with the older houses at Vorina it constitutes one of the few samples of the secular architecture during the Venetian rule (1207-1537) on the island and it dates back to the 16th century. The Archaeological Collection includes sculptures and representative samples of the prehistoric times from the three ancient towns of Amorgos. Also sculptures from the Archaic period (6th century BC) to the Roman rule (3rd century). In the courtyard, there are inscriptions, reliefs and statues of the same era.
Open 8:30-15:00, except for Mondays
Tel.: +30 22850 29729