This monastery with the defensive architecture is the largest of the island and it is located north of Batsi. It is mentioned in a document dating in 1400AD and was renovated around 1550AD. The monastery came under the direct administration of the Patriarchate in 1612 with a document issued by the Ecumenical Patriarch Timotheos II. It has been a nunnery since 1928. The wood carved iconostasis and the murals of its church are outstanding.