The church of Agia Triada in Adamantas is of great historical value, only 50m away from the port. It was also called Panagia Theofani. Some scholars believe that it is one of the oldest churches, built perhaps even before the iconomachy. It was destroyed and rebuilt after 1207 and it was a katholikon of a Catholic monastery. Later it became an Orthodox monastery and it was called Panagia Theofani up to 1824, when it was bought by Cretans who adorned the church with temples and icons from the abandoned churches of Zefyria. It is built in the rare type of three-aisled vaulted church without tiles, with pointed arches in the centre of the middle aisle. Apart from Agia Triada, the two other aisles are in honour of Agios Nikolaos and Agios Athanasios. An Ecclesiastical Museum is housed in the church. Info In Adamantas there are also the churches of Kimisi tis Theotokou (Dormition of Virgin Mary -or Agios Charalambos), a three-aisled vaulted church with a dome and a beautiful mosaic of pebbles by Ioannis Kavrourakis in its patio, and Agios Nikolaos, a Catholic church built in 1827.