Milos Panagia Korfiatissa

It is worth enjoying the sunset from the forecourt of this church which is dedicated to the Nativity of Mary (Gennesion tis Theotokou) and it was built in 1810. Its court is paved with marble tombstones of the old town. It includes relics from old churches of Milos and it has a remarkable gilded iconostasis. An epitaph of 1500 AD from Izmir and the icon of Agios Ioannis Theologos Siderenios from the homonymous monastery are kept in the church.

Back to Milos