Milos Panagia Thalassitra

Church of exquisite architecture, at the top of Plaka’s castle. Thalassitra, dedicated to the Presentation of Christ, was a parish church before the castle was abandoned and it has a wonderful stone bell-tower and folk stone reliefs. The doorframe has a similar decoration and the relief date of 1669 (it is probably a part of another building of the Castle). It is one of the oldest churches in Milos (it is mentioned in documents of 1738). The interior has a beautiful dome with semi-domes of chipped stone. Ξ™nfo Information at the Ecclesiastical Museum Tel.: +30 22870 23956

Back to Milos