It is one of the most interesting lighthouses of the Cyclades and it dates back to 1891. In 1887, just before its construction, the English steamboat Volta sank off the northern coast of the island and 11 members of its crew lost their lives. This led to the construction of the lighthouse on the cape of Armenistis. It operated using a mechanism of the Sauter Lemonier Company until 1983 when it became automatic. The old mechanism is now on display at the Aegean Maritime Museum of Chora. The route towards the lighthouse begins at Agios Stefanos.