This settlement on the southeastern side of the island got its name after the church of Agios Ioannis Prodromos (17th century) which has old icons and a wood-carved iconostasis. The village was famous since the Middle Ages and its old name was Dragoulas, or Tragoulas after Apollo Tragius, the protector of the shepherds who was worshipped in Paros. There are traditional cafés and taverns. It is 5km away from Lefkes. Info The Byzantine trail connects Lefkes to Prodromos. It was built 1000 years ago.