A former Muslim village, owned by a Turk landowner. When the Italians bought it, its inhabitants migrated to Asia Minor and the city of Rhodes. It was colonized by Italian farmers and its name was changed to Peveragno. It was one of the four Italian “experimental” farming villages. After 1948 it reclaimed its Greek name, Kalamonas, and the fields were distributed to Greek growers.