Keeping alive the mores and customs inherited from their ancestors, each year in Serifos there are dozens of festivals that are very well organized.
Exemplary hosts, the founders of the celebrating church let you sit along with them in the built tables in every country church; they will offer you their wine and the food they have cooked and in the evening you will be among their circle dancing insular ‘syrto’.
-The three-day festival of Xylopanagia, on August 15 in the village of Panagia and the festival of Panagia Liomantras, near the small homonymous settlement that takes place four times a year is important.
Furthermore, there are the festivals of:
– Agia Irini in Koutalas (May 5)
– Agios Konstantinos and Agia Eleni (May 21)
– Profitis Ilias in Vounia and in Xero village. (July 20)
– Agia Paraskevi in Kato Chora
– Sotiras in Kalo Ampeli and Pyrgos (August 6)
– Panagia in Pyrgos (August 16)
– Agios Sostis in the homonymous beach (September 7)
– Taxiarches in the monastery of Taxiarches etc. (November 8).