It dominates in Ano Syros and it is the metropolis of the Catholics since 1652. It is a three-aisle basilica and it has a marble altar which was sculpted by a Tinian sculptor. It took its current form in the restoration that took place between 1832-1834, but in that point there used to be a church since the 13th century. It has many portable icons, statues of saints made by Italian artists, and frescoes. A beautiful light coming through the stained glass shines brightly upon it.