This is one of the oldest settlements of the island, since it is considered mediaeval or Byzantine. There are references to the settlement from the year 1456. It was located between three rivers or ravines, with its completely white houses standing out from the vegetation. It is worthwile to walk along the cobblestone street that leads to the inner part of Tripotamos. The church of Koimisi tis Theotokou, built in the year 1853, where the icon of the Birth of Christ is kept, stands. Every year, one of the villagers takes over its care, as a sort of commissioner (called the Kavos).