It is also known as Kira ton Aggelon and it is located in the hinterland of the island, between Kolouki and Drimonas. The monastery constitutes a votive offering by the nun Gavriilia (Papagianni), who, after many years of missionary and humanitarian activity, died here in 1922. The first stone was laid in 1994 by the Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew. The catholicon and the east side were built by the sisters in Christ and minions of the nun, while the other three sides were constructed thanks to the Metropolis of Leros, Kalymnos and Astypalaia. The landscape is desert, evocative and it reminds us of Karoulia of Mount Athos. The early Christian ruins in conjunction with the church of Apostolos Petros show that Christianity dominated in the area for several centuries. There is a celebration twice a year, on 26/3 and on 6/9.