Afrodite of Milos at the entrance of Milos’s Arcaheological Museum is a copy created at the laboratory of the Louvre – impressive even in that form. The Neoclassic building hosting the museum is very interesting. It was built in 1870 and it initially housed the Town Hall of the island. The museum hosts a prehistoric collection from Fylakopi, a scalpture and relief collection, an obsidian collection and a collection of inscriptions.
It is located in Plaka, opening hours: 8.30 – 15.00, except for Mondays
Tel.: +30 22870 28026