This hill is close to Marpissa. The ruins of the castle wall which was built here are preserved, as well as the monastery of Agios Antonios (17th century) with an important wood-carved iconostasis and old icons. The castle was taken over by the Ottomans in 1537, after a four-day siege –a fact that marked the end of the Venetian occupation in Paros.
It is worth ascending on foot from the settlement of Marpissa (30 minutes) as the route offers a great view to the eastern side of the island. Quite a few half-ruined chapels are preserved at the castle of Agios Antonios, as the locals called it, among which there is Evangelismos that was built in 1410 and considered to be the oldest church of the island.
The monastery is open only in the morning during the summer.