Syros Jesuit monastery

It is located in Ano Syros and in the building complex it includes the church of Panagia tou Karmilou (1581) which was considered to be the metropolis of the island up to 1639 under the name of Panagia tou Rodariou. The monastery, which was founded in 1744, has very interesting architecture and hosts the icon of the Virgin Mary, which is thought to have been transferred from Rome. It has a great library with old books, historical documents, manuscripts and parchments.

Back to Syros