Tinos Katapoliani

The nunnery was built in the year 1783. The church is decorated with an iconostasis made of sculpted wood and next to it the residences of the nuns, as well as auxiliary areas have been built. The monastery was founded by the nun Melanthia, who came from a rich family from Crete. It celebrates its festival on September 1.

Back to Tinos